I Am Reverend Loveshade

sister_creamy_bhs

I Am Reverend Loveshade. Isn’t everyone? (Image is from the music video for “Black Hole Sun” performed by Soundgarden.  No threat to its copyright is intended.)

If you don’t know, there’s a paranoid conspiracy theory that everyone who mentions Reverend Loveshade without grossly insulting him must be Reverend Loveshade.

And if you don’t know, almost nobody who doesn’t know me IRL believes my name. Is my name really Miley Spears? Yes. Is that the name I was born with? No.

I had to show my driver’s license to stay on Facebook when they had the “fake name purge.” I’ve posted my SCA membership card, PETA membership card, ASPCA membership card, ACLU membership card, and more online (see here). When they accepted my SCA name (Ariel Lovechild) and device (with a pentacle and a mermaid), it threw out a precedent and set a new one here. I’m an admin at Discordia Wiki and SubGenius WIki and Peta Wiki and wrote featured articles at Uncyclopedia and Uncyclopedia (two different ones), and a Wikipedia editor.

I was accepted by Order of the Pineapple (so was Reverend Loveshade) and the Knights of Buh. There’s an article about a protest I did in Minnesota, my college career, and more online. See also this.

Who’s been accused of being Reverend Loveshade? Miley Spears, Pope Hilde, Adam Gorightly, Gypsie Skripto, Brenton Clutterbuck, Dr. Howland Owll, Dr. Howl, Alan Moore, Robert Anton Wilson, Alden Loveshade, Greg Hill, Kerry Thornley, Sheered Völva, S. John Ross, Richard Nixon. (Feel free to add to the list here if you think of someone else). I know three of these who really did write as Reverend Loveshade at one time or another, but I don’t think all of them did! And some of them were accused after they were dead!

One of the people on that list got served a certified legal notice from my family, then posted online that he was wrong about me being an prostitute and I was not Reverend Loveshade.

But if they want me to be Reverend Loveshade, fine. I Am Reverend Loveshade. Isn’t everyone?

So spread the word! Post that you’re Reverend Loveshade, or that somebody else is Reverend Loveshade. Make a list!

An opinion of a friend of associate of The Loveshade Family does not necessarily reflect that of the family.

– – – – –

This post was edited to include links, one to a later blog entry, and a disclaimer.

About Miley Spears

I'm a Discordian American Princess, an editor of several Wikis, admin of The Discordian Wiki and SubGenius Wikia Clench, a college graduate, and a member of the Order of The Pineapple. Learn more about me at my website www.mileyspears.com
This entry was posted in Discordian and Ek-sen-trik, Family and Friends, Love and Sex, Religion and Philosophy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

69 Responses to I Am Reverend Loveshade

1. I am Reverend Loveshade and you’re not. You’re Chevy Chase.

Actually, I’m one of the few on the list who actually did write under that name. I wrote the piece “Stripping Away American Freedom: A Call to Action” first published on Dec. 1, 2001 that (ahem) has been quoted several places. At the time, a few of us casually shared the “Reverend Loveshade” moniker. As far as I can remember, that’s the only piece I published under that name. It’s at http://alden.loveshade.org/whatever/stripfreedom.html

I am glad to be Reverend Loveshade. We had so much fun in the mud together at Taking Woodstock.

3. Idc23 says:

Reverend Loveshade striking a pose.Rev. Loveshade, his ArseWholleyness, The Great Asshat Himself, None Orthandox Neo-Centric Erisian Partisan Existential Artistic Dualistic Osama himself, Striking a pose.

4. Fairy Princess Yoshikyoko says:

I am Reverend Loveshade too. And so are my guinea pigs. And my roommate’s old cat.

5. I am Reverend Loveshade.

6. Unc Girl says:

Oscar Wilde is Reverend Loveshade
    Oscar Wilde is Reverend Loveshade.

7. Dr. Sinister Craven says:

Reverend Loveshade, I am your father.

8. I am NOT Reverend Loveshade.

• TawTew the Naturally Perfumed says:

Then I must have been Reverend Loveshade in the crowd scene Taking Woodstock. So much fun back to the mud!

• Pet Girl says:

Then who are you?

• Brianna the J says:

I am Reverend Loveshade. And I love myself!

9. Princess Unicornia says:

I am sooo Reverend Loveshade but call me Revy Love! lol

I shaved my beard off. The one on my chin anyway. 😉

11. Pope Hildegard says:

I am so happy to know I am Reverend Loveshade. It is an honor to be him even if I am not built that way.

FIVE YEAR JAKE ENDS HERE

This jake been going on for five years, and it’s time to peek at the man behind the curtain. Let’s look at The Good Reverend Roger (Hamish Howl) vs. Reverend Loveshade (Bruce), shall we?

Opposite

Loveshade emphasizes love (even in his name)
    Roger emphasizes violence (even in his name which means “spearman,” and his pieces often end with “Or Kill Me.”)

Loveshade’s group are called Hippie Love Discordians.
    Roger’s group are called Hate Rant Discordians.

Loveshade only writes nice things about Roger.
    Roger only writes nasty things about Loveshade.

“Bruce” is Old French.
    “Roger” is Old German. (If you don’t understand how French and German are opposites, study the first half of the 20th century)

Loveshade is know for his boastful, hamish ego, and his (alledgedly inappropriate) love of children.
    Roger’s alternate name “Hamish” means a boastful ego, and is known for his alledged hate of people who inappropriately love children.

The most famous “Hamish” (Roger’s nickname) is Sherlock Holmes’ companion Dr. John Hamish Watson. Their most famous case is The Hound of the Baskervilles where Hamish hears the howl of the hound.
    Nigel Bruce (Loveshade’s nickname) is the actor most famously known for playing Dr. John Hamish Watson, especially in The Hound of the Baskervilles.

Loveshade edited issue 7 of Intermittens Magazine under an anagramatic pen name (and listed “The Good Reverend Roger Fan Club” as supposedly coming in a later issue).
    Roger refused to submit anything to issue 7 even when he supposedly didn’t know Loveshade was editing it.

Loveshade was interviewed for Chasing Eris by Brenton Clutterbuck.
    Roger refused to be interviewed for Chasing Eris even before it was publicly known Loveshade was being interviewed by Clutterbuck.

Loveshade’s groupies posted Roger as a contributor to Ek-sen-trik-kuh Discordia even though nothing in the book has anything to do with Roger.
    Roger’s groupies threatened a lawsuit for plagiarizing his work in Ek-sen-trik-kuh Discordia even though nothing in the book has anything to do with Roger.

Loveshade’s group has three people (not Loveshade) who rated Ek-sen-trik-kuh Discordia as five stars, the highest possible rating.
    Roger’s group has three people (not Roger) who rated Ek-sen-trik-kuh Discordia as one star, the lowest possible rating.

“Bruce” (Loveshade’s supposed real name) most famous historical namesake is Roger the Bruce.
    “Roger” (Roger’s supposed real name) most famous historical namesake is Roger the Bruce.

Bruce never posts his photo (we don’t know what he looks like).
    Roger often posts his photo (we do know what he looks like).

Loveshade uses a painting of Leonarda da Vinci to represent himself with long hair, a mustache and a beard.
    Roger posts a photo of himself with no hair, no mustache and no beard.

Same

Reverend Loveshade has a small but dedicated group of groupies
    The Good Reverend Roger has a small but dedicated group of groupies.

Loveshade often writes tongue-in-cheek, but gets serious about current political issues.
    Roger often writes tongue-in-cheek, but gets serious about current political issues.

Loveshade is the prime encourager of controversy about Loveshade.
    Roger is the prime creator of controversy about Loveshade.

The Good Reverend Roger completely spells out “Reverend,” which is quite unusual.
    Reverend Loveshade completely spells out “Reverend,” which is quite unusual.

According to common parlance, God is Love (as in Reverend Loveshade).
    According to common parlance, God is Good (as in The Good Reverend Roger).

Loveshade’s publisher lives in the area of Tucson, Arizona.
    Roger lives in the area of Tucson, Arizona.

Do I have to spell it out for you?

Reverend Loveshade = The Good Reverend Roger.
      JAKE ENDED
  13. Pope Leo DaVinci says:

I am Reverend Loveshade.
    I am Reverend Loveshade.

14. Hakim Bey says:

I am Reverend Loveshade.

Is there anybody who isn’t Reverend Loveshade?

16. Dr. Sinister Craven says:

I am Reverend Loveshade’s father.

I am not Miley Spears.

18. Rosy Spade says:

I am Reverend Loveshade.

19. Richard F'n Nixon says:

Richard M. Nixon is Reverend Loveshade

I am Reverend Loveshade!

21. I am Rev. Loveshade.

22. Nigel says:

My “poop” is Rev. Loveshade.

We hate to edit posts, but to avoid getting this site blocked by search engines, we did.

Please read this before posting.

• Pope Chocalot says:

The chocolate ice cream I spilled on the table is Rev. Loveshade.
      The chocolate ice cream I spilled on the table is Rev. Loveshade

23. Leghornia says:

I am Reverend Loveshade.

24. I’m Rev Loveshade
    yassssss so proud and happy you made me a DAP and thanks for freeing the nipple!

25. Adam Gorightly posted an article about all this just in time for Christmas. And he’s Reverend Loveshade too.

That’s really Miley Cyrus. And I’m really Richard M. Nixon.

• Miley Spears says:

That really is Miley Ray Cyrus. She posted as Smiley Day Eris bcuz that’s her Discordian American Princess name. 🙂

• We can’t prove whether or not that is the well-known pop singer, composer, and actress Miley Ray Cyrus. But we can say the email address, which we will not reveal, is of a site associated with Miley Cyrus.

27. Yes I’m Miley Ray Cyrus to prove I just tweeted this like 5 secs ago
    Sad Christmas

28. For a complete list of People Who are Reverend Loveshade, check every person who’s on the Internet. And who isn’t.

29. Hannah Montana says: