We are the Ace of Hearts

53 A HeartsFor three years, The Loveshade Family has tried to get the Ace of Hearts — or any card — in Flying Buffalo’s Origins Poker deck.  The deck is featured at the major gaming convention Origins Game Fair and at Gen Con, reportedly the longest running and largest gaming convention in the world.

This year, we got it!  The female on the card was inspired by Rosey Tiger (her Discordian American Princess name).  The male was partially inspired by actors in old black and white movies.

The decks are a lot of fun.  You can play poker, bridge, spades, hearts, rummy, whatever game you like to play with a 52-card deck.  There are also two jokers plus a few optional extra cards.

What makes the cards special is their gaming background.  The kings are always four famous game designers or artists.  This year’s winners are Ken St Andre, Tom Dalgliesh, Richard Berg, and Liz Danforth.  There are cards for Traveller, Steve Compton, Texicon, Chaoism, Gorilla Games, Aces & Eights, and much more including Chainmail Girl.

We will soon be taking orders for the decks at $5 each (plus shipping).  Or you can get a deck at one of the gaming conventions above.  We’re also adding a game section which will be at games.loveshade.org.

This entry was posted in Discordian and Ek-sen-trik, Family and Friends, Love and Sex, Media and News and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to We are the Ace of Hearts

The card looks wonderful. Let us know how we can get a deck!

Congratulations I suppose. Although I still think the symbol looks like a cross between Jewish and Catholic.

Why does the two half-naked teens not surprise me? Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

My family and I are so excited about this. Rosey loves the card. It’s a great graduation present.

5. Vernon K Avaritt III says:

fantastic

6. I can’t wait to see the decks. Playing with our own cards should be really cool!

I love the card! Rosey did a great job modeling and the artist did great too. I already ordered my deck!

The card is awesome! I want one of those decks!

9. The cards are available! The decks are fantastic. Our card is just one of many (52+ as you might have guessed). They cost just $5 plus shipping. If you order seven (7) or more decks we’ll ship for free to the U.S.A.!

Ordering’s rather informal; if interested send us an email to deck2014 [at] loveshade [dot] org. You know, use @ instead of [at] and . instead of [dot] and ignore the spaces. Let us know what you want and where you want it sent, and we’ll send you the info you need.

10. Ed Ames says:

whoah this weblog is fantastic i love studying your posts.
    Keep up the great work! You realize, a lot of ppl love The Loveshade Family, cards should be cool.