One Year Since We Learned of Massive Government Spying

“They Knew Our Secrets.  One Year Later, We Know Theirs.

“One year ago, the world had never heard of Edward Snowden, and we knew very little about the breathtaking scope of U.S. government surveillance. One year later, we are in a very different place….We know more than ever before about our government’s mass surveillance apparatus. We now have the power to rein it in.”

This also includes a powerful message from Edward Snowden on the one-year anniversary of his exposure of massive government spying on American citizens — and what you can do.

Image from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Eye_Spy.jpg by Lotusblak released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

This entry was posted in Crime and Punishment, Education and Learning, Politics and War, Science and Technology and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to One Year Since We Learned of Massive Government Spying

1. Vernon Avaritt says:

This is sad: i heard on TV that what we know about Snowden is the tip of the iceberg. He hurt us much more than you know.

2. Mindy Yuko says:

It’s like if the government doesn’t have anything to hide why do they have so many secrets? Could you stop spying on everything this is totally not 1984!

Freedom should be freedom from being spied on like we’re criminals. No Big Brother here!

The government is for the people. They should stick with government, not with spying into our private lives. Privacy is precious and should not be violated.

So a spy reports on other spies? There’s no need for all this spying. God sees everything everyone does. Turn to Jesus for salvation and God will save you from your sins.

If I want people watching me in private I’ll be in private chat not on Government Spy TV!

7. Bobbie Schafer says:

I saw this just the other day: “1984” was not supposed to be a ‘how to’ manual. I think our founding fathers would be shocked as to how their ideals turned out and how their words have been twisted through the centuries. I have yet to see exactly how Ed harmed our country (not just rumors, but facts), other than letting the sheep know the fox has been watching all of them the whole time, when they thought it was the shepherd.

8. Vernon K Avaritt III says:

I’m not saying that the government should spy on us but what if we have spies in Afghanistan, Russia, or China and Snowden outed them. I don’t know if he did or not. All I am saying is that a Senator said that what we know about Snowden is just the tip of the iceberg on the Bill Maher Show. Russia has gotten a lot more bold and aggressive since they got Snowden.

I don’t know about Snowden. But I don’t want the government spying on me in my bathroom or bedroom or even my Facebook page. Everybody needs a warrant to do a search and that includes the NSA. They aren’t above the Constitution. It’s USA before NSA!