I Will Watch No Political Ads

I, Alden Loveshade, vow to neither watch or listen to any political ads this campaign season. I might catch bits and pieces without meaning to, but will avoid them.

I am tired of seeing ads that show that everyone who wants to represent me is both the perfect American and should be locked up in prison. If you’re tired of it to, join me.

Any opinion of a member of associate of The Loveshade Family does not necessarily reflect the views of the entire family.

About Alden Loveshade

Alden is a philosopher, personist, writer, playwright, screenwriter, director, actor, poet, photographer, dumbek drummer, roleplayer, and educator. Worked for others and freelance as a journalist, investigator, columnist, reviewer, teacher, animal caregiver, photographer, and dishwasher. Claims e doesn’t care about money, but always needs more. Recognized by Phi Theta Kappa, Golden Key International Honor Society, the U. S. Jaycees, and groups of like ilk. They don’t necessarily like em, but they recognize em. Graduated summa cum laude from some university that apparently figured the best way to get rid of em was to graduate em. Alden has worked with Emmy, Oscar, Tony, and Pulitzer Prize Nominees and Winners but they never shared their awards! Alden has dual citizenship in the Principality of Sealand and the United States of America. His official title for Sealand is Lord Alden Loveshade. E thinks that makes em sound impressive.
This entry was posted in Crime and Punishment, Family and Friends, Politics and War and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to I Will Watch No Political Ads

1. Fairy Princess Yoshikyoko says:

That’s a great idea Alden! I’m doing it too!

Wonderful idea! I always try not to watch but will make a special effort this time.

I hate those ads. They make you feel like you shouldn’t vote at all.

It is sad that so many ads are negative. But it’s important to know about the candidates so you know who to vote for. We do the voting, but God chooses the winners.

That’s brilliant! I will join you!

6. Fairy Princess Yoshikyoko says:

I blew it I saw an ad. Now I’ll have to see one by his opponent so I can balance out.

I would totally do this if I wasn’t writing satire about the ads. 😛

So getting bits and pieces is better than seeing the whole thing? I got to question your thinking there.

• I appreciate your point. Yes, if I were getting nothing but “bits and pieces” of information that would be a problem. But by watching ads, that is what the viewer/listener is getting. On top of that, those bits and pieces are often heavily biased, highly misleading, and can be outright lies.

I try to look at what the candidate has actually done and how, if they’ve been in office, they’ve actually voted.