Teach Kids Not Stereotypes

I’m a first grade teacher. Some of my students who are only six years old already believe stereotypes about boys and girls. But at least they are in a coed classroom where they can learn differently.

But some people still want to push “separate but equal” classrooms where boys and girls are kept apart. It doesn’t work!

“For example, teachers are instructed that girls should not have time limits on tests because, unlike boys, girls’ brains cannot function well under these conditions; and that boys who like to read, do not enjoy contact sports and do not have a lot of close male friends should be firmly disciplined, required to spend time with ‘normal males’ and made to play sports.”

Learn more at https://www.aclu.org/womens-rights/teach-kids-not-stereotypes

Any opinion of a member of The Loveshade Family does not necessarily reflect the views of the whole family.

About Lorien Loveshade

Im Lorien Loveshade and I dont use punctuation much by choice.. I was born March 13 1988. Im a college graduate and started in Sept. 2012 as a first grade teacher! I started teaching second grade in Sept. 2014. I'm teaching second grade again in 2016-2017, and switch from first grade to grade after that. Im also a Wiccan High Priestess and a nudist. If you want to know more check out my website!
This entry was posted in Education and Learning, Love and Sex, Media and News, Religion and Philosophy and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Teach Kids Not Stereotypes

1. Fairy Princess Yoshikyoko says:

Lorien you are such a great teacher. I wish I was still in first grade so you could teach me! 😀

Girls in short skirts sure helped me pay attention.

I love Lorien a lot I’m sure she’s a great teachers. She’s great with my nieces and nephews. Hope we see you and Mindy again next summer!

A roomful of nothing but girls can be totally distracting. And when out of school men and women will be working together. Might as well get used to it in school!

“Unlike boys, girls’ brains cannot function.” So true. But Separate classrooms is nothing. Why separate toilets, locker rooms and showers? Let’s get together and get integrated!

Boys and girls in the same classroom can be very distracting though. Especially in public schools where the girls wear short skirts. I think home schooling works good because you can teach children Christian values without interference.

I totally agree with this post. The Loveshade’s got it right as usual. It’s like when blacks went to black schools they weren’t equal to the ones for whites.