Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder

Lizzie Velasquez was born with an extremely rare medical condition that keeps her body from storing fats. In addition to being severely underweight, she is also blind in one eye. She was cyberbullied but stood up for herself. You can too!

Are you beautiful? Believe you are and you are.

People who are hurting want to hurt others. Don’t do it because it won’t make you feel any better.

Lizzie Velasquez, who is blind in one eye and has a condition where her body doesn’t store fat, was cyberbullied. But she stood up to it and has wonderful ideas how you can too. She’s great at TEDxYouth@Austin Be free to be beautiful!

An opinion of an individual member or friend of The Lovehade Family does not necessarily reflect the views of the entire family.

About Miley Spears

I'm a Discordian American Princess, an editor of several Wikis, admin of The Discordian Wiki and SubGenius Wikia Clench, a college graduate, and a member of the Order of The Pineapple. Learn more about me at my website www.mileyspears.com
This entry was posted in Crime and Punishment, Education and Learning, Love and Sex, Media and News, Religion and Philosophy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder

1. We approve this message.

That is such a beautiful message. All children should be taught this. And that means girls and boys. They are beautiful and need to treat others as beautiful. They’re all special.

3. I try to teach my second graders this. Beautiful is what’s beautiful to you. Superficial beauty is skin deep, but true beauty goes to the soul.

This is such an important lesson to teach children. I wish I had been taught it better when I was young. Maybe I would not have gotten into the trouble I did.

5. I had an experience years ago where I had recently met two young women. Physically, I considered one to be gorgeous and, quite frankly, the other to be somewhat homely. I got to know them both better, and both were very nice people. After a while, I had gotten used to the looks of the “gorgeous” one, and she seemed pretty. One day I looked at the other, and thought, “You know, she seems kind of pretty.” After a short while, they both seemed pretty.

Your perception of a person’s inner beauty really can change how you see them physically.

• Pope Hilde says:

You learned a very important lesson. My babies are the most beautiful in the world to me. I cannot see them any other way. Except when they get in trouble.

6. My kids are beautiful everyone and every part.

• Christian Andy says:

I Corinthians 12:23

And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

7. I should write something about how I think every part of my kids’ bodies are beautiful. Bet that would piss off a lot of people.

True beauty is inside your heart.
    1 Peter 3:3-4

Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

I used to be very self-conscious about my looks. But when you see the inner person, it can all change.

Lizzie has such a wonderful message for all of us!

What women need to know is they’re all ugly and property of their men.