Order of the Pineapple 2017: Miley Ray Cyrus and Connie Dobbs

The original drawing of Pat Pineapple made by Ĕk-sĕn-trĭks Cluborguild member Toby Bruno in about 1982.

The Order of the Pineapple is only awarded once a year on January 18, and this is it.

The honorees for 2017 are: Connie Dobbs and Miley Ray Cyrus.

Miley Ray Cyrus (honorary DAP name Smiley Day Eris) was a Disney Princess who transformed into a Discordian American Princess.  She flashes the Discordian hand sign, sang the song ’23,’ changed her name from Destiny Hope to Miley Ray which is more like Discordian Saint Minnie Rae, founded the non-profit Happy Hippie Foundation, and twerked and spanked a midget.

Connie Dobbs is the first and primary wife of polygamist and Church of the SubGenius founder J. R. “Bob” Dobbs and the “;REAL leader” of the Church of the SubGenius. She has been an actress (primarily known for her work in childrens’ programs), model, homemaker, and is the founder of Home for Slackless Children, an inspiration for Shamlicht Kids Club.

The Order of the Pineapple is also called the DisOrder of the Pineapple and the Pineapple DisOrder, but it’s usually abbreviated O.P.  (The award has also been called Patus Pineappleus Bromeliadic and the winners The P.P. Bromeliadics or Bromedliaddicts). It honors those who have given extraordinary service to “the participatorial study of comedic attitudes and eccentric tendencies.”  The O.P. is awarded to very few people, those who are especially servicey.  It’s presented on only one day a year, January 18 CE, which is 18 Chaos of the Discordian calendar.  That date is recognized as Pat Pineapple Day.  Pat is the Mascot of the ECG and Patron Saint of the D D of the ECG.  It is absolutely required that members of the Order eat something containing or resembling pineapple on January 18–unless of course they don’t feel like it.

Congratulations to them both!

This entry was posted in Discordian and Ek-sen-trik, Family and Friends, Religion and Philosophy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Order of the Pineapple 2017: Miley Ray Cyrus and Connie Dobbs

1. Congratulations to Connie and Miley (Discordian American Princess name Smiley Day Eris). I will drink a post of pineapple juice to you both today while thinking of you and your excellent contributions to alternate society.

That’s awesome! Miley Cyrus the Discordian American Princess and Connie Dobbs co-founder of the SubGenius Church both in the same year! You totally deserve it!

Can u get somebody taken out of the Order? I dont mean Miley or Connie they’re super. I mean somebody else.

• I dont think this has ever come up before so I dont know. If you have a prob with somebody though I feel its best you dont post it here. If you want to email me check my home page.

• Pope Hilde says:

A short answer would probably be “no.” I don’t believe there’s any procedure for doing that. But if so, it would be up to us in the Order.

4. Congratulations to the two new worthy members! They are both totally worthy of htis honor! Great for you Miley Cyrus and Connie Dobbs!

I am honored to have Connie Marsh Dobbs and Miley Ray Cyrus named as one of us. If they accept it, of course. I cannot think of two more worthy honorees.

6. Toby Bruno says:

Congratulations!

• Perhaps out of modesty, Toby Bruno did not mention that the person who drew the original image of Pat Pineapple, in fact the person who “discovered” Pat, was Toby Bruno. The artist was also a founding member of the original Ĕk-sĕn-trĭks Cluborguild which first gave the award. Without T.B., there might well not have ever been an Order of the Pineapple.

I’m so glad my nominees won! Connie is great. Miley is a rare name but now we have two of them in the Order of the Pineapple!

Miley Spears,OP 2014

Of course you know I love Miley Ray Cyrus! I legally changed my first name to Miley just like she did!

9. Vernon King Avaritt III says:

Fantastic

10. Chong Linn says:

Hello, I have a question? I am not sure if this is the best place to ask, but my wife is pursuing a polygamist relationship and I am not sure that I want it, What should I tell her?

• Mindy Yuko says:

What do you want to do? And what does this have to with Order of the Pineapple? Unless she’s a member.

11. What about doing a Blog on Polygamy, or Sister Wives?