The Loveshade Family End of the Year 2019

Alden Loveshade posted his end of the year letter, but we decided Alden didn’t possess a year-end monopoly, so more of us decided to get in on the fun. So this is highlights from our various lives (although some people will insist we’re all sockpuppets of each other.  But then again, some people think chickens have lips.)

FAMILY MEMBERS

Alden Loveshade: I had some articles and a story published/scheduled to be published, and a satirical news article picked up by at least three news satire websites. I play tested a game book, had a book move from query to formal proposal level, got rights back to a book that’s planned to be reprinted, and co-wrote and edited another book that’s currently being considered. And I designed a playing card for a special 50th anniversary deck. (Click HERE to see more)

Alien Loveshade aka BloodStar: (Currently outside of contact with Earth and happy about it too.)

Gamemaster Loveshade: (No Comment)

Lorien Loveshade: On Sunday June 16 2019 Herbie proposed to me at The Gathering at the Grove and I accepted! We plan to get married on Aug 6 2020! Herbie has two kids Emma and Christopher. This years I am teaching first grade students.

Reverend Loveshade: Ms. M.C. and I are still living at Rosenteeth Commune which isn’t truly a commune nor do we run around with roses in our teeth. Usually. My sother and I are the pleased parents of daughters Puffletoes Twinkleton and Wunderkätzchen and son Cobbraven. I’m still writing fake news and my lady is teaching real news.

Death and Resurrection: Gamemaster Loveshade aka The Gamemaster of Florin aka The Midget said, “It only takes 25 years for an anti-establishment gang to become its own establishment.” With that in mind, the Discordian Division of the Ek-sen-triks CluborGuild, formed in 1994, shall in all pomp and circumstance hereby be declothed and dissolved effective at 5 minutes and 37 seconds after midnight UTC on Nude Years Day of 2020 (AD 1 January 2020 or 1 Chaos 3186 YOLD). (We should have done that this year to avoid the 25 year mark, but Eris screwed up the date for us.  But that makes it even better–this way we get to dissolve The Establshment!) So we’re looking for ideas for a name/motto/slogan/purpose for a new gang.

But in other news…The notorious Ek-sen-trik-kuh Discordia: The Tales of Shamlicht, the book pulled from publication right after it was published due to criminal accusations and threats against the publisher, will be coming back from the dead! Look for it in 2020!

ASSOCIATES

Dr. Sinister Craven: Toyalla and I are working on a special project I’m not at liberty to discuss. But it involves a prairie squid and Miskatonic University. That’s all I can say.

Miley Spears: I’m finally going into the Peace Corps! I’ve wanted it for years but it’s finally happening. That means I won’t be online much because I’ll be living where there’s not much electricity and no Internet except at the main office. They said my cell phone should still work at least if I can find a place to charge it! And I just became a Lady of Sealand!

Loveshade X: Unlike the rest of you, I really am a g****m sockpuppet. Because of a legal judgement, I do not claim to be a member of the s***y The Loveshade Family. But I do claim that the year 2020 will see the f***ing rise of the Early Church of the SubGenius!

Graphics by Alden Loveshade

This entry was posted in Crime and Punishment, Discordian and Ek-sen-trik, Education and Learning, Family and Friends, Love and Sex, Media and News, Politics and War, Religion and Philosophy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The Loveshade Family End of the Year 2019

1. Congratulations to Lorien though I knew that already.

So Miley just becomes a Lady of Sealand then is leaving Sealand to go into the Peace Corps. What a noble gesture.

To the rest, may Eris bless your endeavors (Ha Ha!)

So much going on! Congratulations to you all, and I would love to hear from those we haven’t.

I truly don’t believe the D&D of the ECG could ever become establishment. If I think of a name, I’ll send it to you. I am very excited to see Ek-sen-trik-kuh Discordia is returning! It was barely on the shelves when it was gone again.

I know Miley has talked about the Peace Corps for many years. I’m certain she’ll do good service there.

Happy New Year!

3. Michael Viviano says:

You lost me at the first paragraph. How do chickens whistle, then?

4. Congratulations to my deserving brothers/sisters/aunts/uncles/nieces/nephews/sons/daughters/etc.

Alden: Hello self.

Alien: Come back to visit. Not all Earth has gone bad. You can always wear a disguise–you’ve gotten pretty good at pretending to be human.

Gamemaster: I don’t know where (or, in your case, when) you are, but you’re welcome anytime and anywhere (well, within reason). You’re the one who began who we are, and we aren’t the same without you.

Lorien: I’m happy to see the two of your get together (or should I say the four of you?) And it was an honor being asked “permission” by Herbie for you to get married. It of course wasn’t necessary, but was a fine gesture.

Reverend: Writing fake news is one thing I’ve never really got the hang of (well, if you don’t count [REDACTED]. I’m glad for what I could do to help get the book back. As for the D&D of the ECG, I understand your reasoning, but still find it sad. It’s been a long time.

Dr. Craven: Good luck with your secret project–no, actually, that depends on what your project is. May things for well for the universe.

Miley: Now you’re finally a Lady of Sealand just like I am. No, wait, I’m a Lord. I’m glad you got to join the Peace Corps (maybe I will some day), but will certainly miss you.

X: I’m glad we got our conflicts with our sockpuppet resolved. (Although “Reverend Loveshade” was originally a shared pseudonym, so maybe that counts as a sockpuppet too).

You can’t write an end of the year letter when the year isn’t over! How many times do I have to tell you that?

6. You’re nothing but a bunch of f**king sockpuppets commenting on your own post. You can all ride my f**king d**k!

And I’m not dead, suckers! Thanks for the f**king money for my “operation.” Fooled you once, fooled you twice!

We have not confirmed that this poster is the SubGenius Dr. K’taden Legume who at least once was verified to have faked his own death. It is entirely possible his second death was real, but we have not confirmed that either.

Note that certain words in this comment were censored as per our posting policy. — TLF

7. Thanks everybody! And congratulations to the rest of you!

8. Abelard d'Pésni says:

I’ll see some of you come New Year’s.

9. Discordians for Bob says:

Happy 3186! Let’s get your years straight.

10. Gamerlusty says:

Happy New Year 2020 and Congratulations!

11. Bonnie Dobbs says:

The book is cuming!

12. Ivan Stang says:

I’m the co-founder of the Jewish SubGenius clench ייִדן_פֿאַר_באָב (Jews for “Bob”) with Isabella MacRae. Your book will never be published. Or both I and the Church will sue your tokhes off.

Zandik Ivan Stang

13. Debbora Toft says:

Happy Nude Year!

Happy Nude Year to all of you!