GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves by Alden Loveshade

GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves

Steve Jackson Games calls this “the consummate guide to all things elven.” Did I do that?

GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves is a supplement that SJGames has wanted for a long time, and that I wanted for a long time. I just didn’t know I’d have the honor of being the one to write it!

It features well over a dozen varieties of elves, including wood, sea, winged, shadow, sky, deep, mountain, high, half-elf and more. It features elven weapons, mounts, elven religion, psychology, etc. While it’s written for the GURPS role-playing system, much of it can be used in any role-playing game with elves. What kind of game? One that features medieval fantasy or science fantasy or old west or steampunk or horror or science fiction or….

An opinion of an individual member of The Loveshade Family does not necessarily reflect the views of the whole family.

About Alden Loveshade

Alden is a philosopher, personist, writer, playwright, screenwriter, director, actor, poet, photographer, dumbek drummer, roleplayer, and educator. Worked for others and freelance as a journalist, investigator, columnist, reviewer, teacher, animal caregiver, photographer, and dishwasher. Claims e doesn’t care about money, but always needs more. Recognized by Phi Theta Kappa, Golden Key International Honor Society, the U. S. Jaycees, and groups of like ilk. They don’t necessarily like em, but they recognize em. Graduated summa cum laude from some university that apparently figured the best way to get rid of em was to graduate em. Alden has worked with Emmy, Oscar, Tony, and Pulitzer Prize Nominees and Winners but they never shared their awards! Alden has dual citizenship in the Principality of Sealand and the United States of America. His official title for Sealand is Lord Alden Loveshade. E thinks that makes em sound impressive.
This entry was posted in Crime and Punishment, Discordian and Ek-sen-trik, Education and Learning, Family and Friends, Games and Conventions, Gaming, Health and Medical, Love and Sex, Media and News, Politics and War, Religion and Philosophy, Science and Technology and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves by Alden Loveshade

That’s wonderful Alden! Congratulations!

2. Bob N. Dave says:

I heard about the book. Great! I don’t think any fantasy race is popular than elves.

That’s great Alden! I’m going to go buy it now! I am in it, right? 😀

Congratulations! Make sure you got your ears on!

5. I know I am in it!

Thank you so much for using a stanza of my poem. I cannot believe something I wrote when I was but 14 years old is professionally published!

I have not had a chance to read it yet but will very soon.

6. Dr. Sinister Craven says:

We’ve done a lot of campaigns together through the years. Glad to see some of that being official! Congratulations!

If you have any elves driving trucks, I’ll buy it. Congrats!

8. AnthoNew says:

I found your blog about the book. Did you see there’s a review written of it? The reviewer says it’s the first one they every wrote.

9. GM Dennis says:

Just got the book. Checked the index, didn’t expect that many types of elves! Is that all of them?

• As far as I (and several GURPS editors and other GURPS authors) can see, it has all the elf templates that can currently be found in GURPS Fourth Edition–including some brand new ones.

There are some elf templates that aren’t included that are in books related to GURPS. As far as I and the others know, if they aren’t included they’re referenced–so it tells you where to find them.

Much of the book is written to be useful to any role-playing game that includes elves.

10. Dolphin Blue says:

Is my elf in it?

11. top says:

Great writings here are always and I really I like everything here.
    This book I like as well. Elfantastic!